Good Energy Management: The Challenges for Mixed Use Developments / Energy Legislation Forum
Missed This Event?
This is a past event. Don’t miss out on our next one by pre-registering your interest today using the form below.
02 November 2017 , 08:00-11:00
Institute of Directors, Pall Mall, London
The trend towards mixed use developments in cities is evident with a desire to create interactive living spaces where people not only live or work, but can also dine, shop and socialise. There is also a desire to create spaces which are community-based with a greater emphasis on well-being and the environment.
The need to make mixed use developments more energy efficient brings with it a number of challenges. Understanding the energy requirements throughout the development and how it is performing is vital, but this is further complicated by the rise in the use of renewable and on site generation technologies, as well as the range of different occupiers. In order to effectively manage energy, and indeed recharge energy costs, a well thought out metering strategy combined with comprehensive and proactive energy reporting is a necessity. The effective management of plant controls is also important, as the plant must be responsive to changing occupancy patterns and demand, so as not to waste energy and infringe the very purpose of the design. New technologies which bring added complexity can create further challenges to getting controls right and optimising performance.
Join our breakfast seminar where we explore the energy challenges of mixed use developments and some of the strategies which have been adopted to ensure best practice in energy management including:
- Developing an effective energy strategy;
- Designing accurate metering and recharging models;
- Optimising energy performance; and
- Delivering energy efficiency throughout the life cycle of a development.
Following the seminar, the Energy Legislation Forum will discuss impending energy related legislation providing you with the opportunity to share ideas and concerns around compliance issues that are affecting your business.
8:00: Breakfast* and Coffee
9:00: Introduction: The rise of mixed use developments
- The rise of mixed use developments
09:10: Good Energy Management: The Challenges for Mixed Use Developments:
- Understanding energy flows – The importance of metering
- Complexities of energy recharging in mixed use developments
- New developments – Getting it right from the outset
09:30: Case Studies: Managing Energy at the O2 and Southampton Arts Centre:
- Current building challenges
- The new retail development project
10:00: Refreshments Break
10:15: Energy Legislation Forum:
- BEIS consultation on carbon reporting
- Minimum Energy Efficiency Standard (MEES)
- Heat Network (Metering & Billing) Regulations 2015
- ESOS Phase II
*Should you have any queries or dietary requirements, please let us know and we will do what we can to ensure you get the most from this seminar.