- RICS overhauls commercial property service charge rules from April 2019
- UK’s exit from EU brings extra challenges for renewable energy
- Non-commodity costs expected to increase 40-45% by 2028
- Well made buildings: why a wellbeing strategy is vital for property managers – By Joanne Merry, Technical Director
- Commercial Real Estate: The building blocks to a low carbon future / Energy Legislation Forum
Are you missing a trick?
The five yearly fixed wire electrical test – Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR) – often fills property managers with dread due to the vast logistics required in coordinating a power shutdown with multiple tenants.
The undertaking of this arduous task is a critical health & safety requirement, yet in our experience many companies fall foul by simply undertaking circuit testing without understanding the electrical distribution arrangements in place, which is vital to:
– protecting yourself from a health & safety risk;
– protecting business continuity; and
– protecting cash flow and business reputation by ensuring accurate recharges.
An EICR undertaken by Carbon2018 includes an investigation into the distribution arrangements as standard together with the production of an up to date electrical distribution schematic for the building. Not only does it demonstrate compliance with the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 – requiring building owners and operators to make sure they are running a safe building – but it also allows us to protect business continuity in the event of power failure and evaluate the accuracy of the electricity tenant recharging methodology in place by understanding meter connectivity.
To turn your EICR from a necessary headache into an opportunity, please do get in touch:
Call: 01252 560 379