- RICS overhauls commercial property service charge rules from April 2019
- UK’s exit from EU brings extra challenges for renewable energy
- Non-commodity costs expected to increase 40-45% by 2028
- Well made buildings: why a wellbeing strategy is vital for property managers – By Joanne Merry, Technical Director
- Commercial Real Estate: The building blocks to a low carbon future / Energy Legislation Forum
Four benefits to implementing a best practice ESOS strategy
Companies have already started to implement their Phase 2 strategy, which has allowed them to:
Accurately factor ESOS into their budgets
Obtain greater budget certainty.
Secure a qualified lead assessor
Gain peace of mind during a time of limited resources.
Take control – No need to panic!
Minimise disruption to the business.
Action the identified energy savings opportunities
Benefit from the financial savings whilst demonstrating a green ethos.
And don’t forget, complying with ESOS will support the recently announced Streamlined Energy and Carbon Reporting (SECR) framework coming into effect in April 2019. The information from ESOS can be used to, for example, support energy emissions reporting and narrative on energy efficiency action taken in your annual reports. We will be issuing further details on SECR shortly.
ESOS (Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme) is a mandatory government scheme that obligates more than 7,000 large enterprises in the UK to comply.
The regulations require complying organisations to assess energy use and efficiency opportunities every four years. We are now within the Phase 2 compliance period with a submission deadline of 05 December 2019.
To learn more about the qualifying criteria, download our ESOS Infosheet
To find out how Carbon2018 can support your business with ESOS compliance and beyond, get in touch:
Call: 01252 560 379