- Breakfast Seminar – Flexible Workspaces: Transforming Real Estate / Energy Legislation Forum
- CCC report – Net zero: The UK’s contribution to stopping global warming – Key outcomes
- Business energy bills could rise by up to 20% from April 2019
- Feed-in Tariffs (FITs) set to close from April
- We are recruiting! Utilities Manager
Government puts plans in place to protect UK energy legislation during a no-deal Brexit scenario
The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) plans to bring to Parliament, before the upcoming recess, a series of statutory instruments (SIs) to be made under the European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2018, in preparation for a possible no-deal scenario.
These instruments ensure legislative continuity by making retained EU legislation in relation to the UK electricity and gas markets “workable” post departure. They are a sensible contingency in the event of the UK leaving the EU without a withdrawal agreement in place.
For further details, get in touch:
Call: 01252 560 379