- Streamlined Energy & Carbon Reporting Guidance has been Published
- Government puts plans in place to protect UK energy legislation during a no-deal Brexit scenario
- Season’s Greetings from Carbon2018 – Opening Hours
- Brexit: Suppliers sit tight during uncertain times
- BEIS invites comments on draft SECR guidance
UK’s exit from EU brings extra challenges for renewable energy
Renewable Energy Guarantees of Origin (REGOs) are certificates that are used by electricity suppliers for Fuel Mix Disclosure under EU law. The scheme provides transparency to consumers about the proportion of electricity that supplier’s source from renewable generation.
Renewable energy can be sourced from anywhere in Europe. However, there is uncertainty in the market at present around whether any existing REGOs with European sourced energy will be valid post BREXIT. Consequently, to safeguard our clients against this potential risk, we are only sourcing 100% UK generated renewable energy until further clarity is provided.
To find out more about renewable energy and REGOs, get in touch:
Call: 01252 560 379